The August Smart Lock – Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone, is something truly unique and really remarkable. With this product, lock technology brand August have really turned up the heat. The ability to lock your door with the flick of a finger on a smartphone is something that has surely been in the pipeline for a little while, yet what we’ve got here is a product that meets that spec, but also works really well.
There’s a quote on the August website by Wired which says “the August lock is like a bouncer for smartphones” and that says it all: the beautiful design and excellent quality makes this a perfect fit for any family home, no matter how big or how small. It really is a remarkable achievement in in-home technology.
It’s not just the basic lock that you get. There are so many features, big and small, that make this a safe, exciting and quality piece of kit to have around. This lock is something that I want in my house, and I’m sure you will too. It’s like the future, today. I can’t wait to tell you all about it.
|ITEM WEIGHT||454 g|
|PRODUCT DIMENSIONS||8.3 x 8.3 x 5.6 cm|
|BATTERIES||4 AA batteries required. (Included)|
|ITEM MODEL NUMBER||ASL-1|
|SIZE||2.21 x 3.26 x 3.26 inches|
|STYLE||Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone|
|ITEM PACKAGE QUANTITY||1|
|AVERAGE BATTERY LIFE||8765 hours|
Hopefully by now you’ve notice how really exciting the August Smart Lock – Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone is, but there’s a few more great features that we haven’t told you about yet. These are:
- The ability to control, from your phone, the safety of your home. This is such a big step is safety and security within the house and it will really benefit your family. From you IOS or Android system, you’re provided with an app that gives you the ability to change and set your lock, but also install and cancel lock ability at the touch of a button. Being able to manage how long someone’s access to your home lasts is neat and safe.
- Installation is a doddle. You can use the already carved markings in your door from your old lock to install your new, higher tech model. Less work means less fuss and more time giving your home the peace of mind it deserves.
- This lock is battery powered. Which is handy for when your power goes down, your lock doesn’t. Another nice safety feature that allows you to rest easy, rain or shine.
- Easily accessible log records mean that you can see who entered your home and when. A cool little feature that your tradition lock doesn’t offer. Really handy if you’re used to regularly handing over keys or access to your premises to workmen or cleaners a few times a week.
- Auto-unlock is another cool feature. When you’re getting to the door, you don’t even need to reach for your phone – the lock already senses is and unlocks the door for you. Another futuristic, time saving feature that’s all about making your family’s life that little bit easier.
What’s not so great?
I’m sure you’re all as impressed with the sound of the lock as we were with it, but with all this new technology, its best we give you the low-down on some of the things that are a little less handy. Then you can judge yourself whether you want to buy the August electronic lock.
- If you’ve got your phone in your pocket and you go near the home but don’t want it unlocking, this could prove pretty frustrating. Because the technology will never know whether you’re really about to go into your house, you could merely be playing around in the garden or the garage and the sensor will have the door unlocked. As this is just a first edition, there’s not really very much you can do about that other than leave your phone somewhere else. Hardly ideal.
- What happens if your phone battery dies? Well, that’s the question isn’t it? It seems August haven’t thought that through completely, because even with the greatest lock technology, there isn’t even the option to use a key if needs be, so you’re best making sure that before you start on your trip home that you charged your battery to actually get in!
Summary Of August Smart Lock – Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone
Product Name: August Smart Lock – Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone
Product Description: Please see the above product specification
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
Overall Rating by Author - 9.0/10
Although there are a couple a mini problems to contend with here, the actual fact is that this lock does a really handy job and does it very well. Even if it is a newer piece of machinery, every other industry is going the way of making your home smart, so the lock was always going to follow suit.
The August Smart Lock - Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone would be really ideal for a new, modern family house. Especially if you plan to kit out a few rooms with lock facilities. Instead of carrying around a whole bunch of keys, you can just use your phone and away you go. No more less, no more clutter. Just your phone that you would already have with you.
Do make sure that you’ve got battery charge on your phone and batteries in your lock, but other than that, you won’t find a smarter, more fun to use and more futuristic electronic locks on the market.