The MiLocks DKK-02SN Indoor Electronic Touchpad Keyless Entry Door Lock is a sturdy and safe lock, complete with additional key-lock system in case of emergencies. This system – becoming more and more popular in the security field – is a great way to ensure your home or property stays as safe as you would like.
The extra feature of key-lock is a nice way to gain peace of mind in case of a battery fault with your system. The design, too, is really easy to use. A similar size to that of a regular lock, you will find this item easy to navigate during both installation and through use on a day to day basis.
I think this product would be great for people always on the go and families with garages and storage areas in their house. It genuinely does look like a standard door knob so it would easily fit in with your current decor in the house.
Another little feature that would attract you to this product as a family is how simple it is to install. The size of the handle and inner fitting is the same as your standard door at home, allowing you to seamlessly uninstall and install your new kit with ease.
|ITEM WEIGHT||1.5 Kg|
|PRODUCT DIMENSIONS||15.2 x 14.6 x 16.5 cm|
|BATTERIES||4 AA batteries required.|
|ITEM MODEL NUMBER||DKK-02SN|
|ITEM PACKAGE QUANTITY||1|
|CENTRE TO CENTRE LENGTH||1.625 inches|
|COVERAGE||Mechanical, Electrical, Finish|
|AVERAGE BATTERY LIFE||4200 hours|
|ASSEMBLED DIAMETER||6 inches|
There are so many benefits to replacing your old lock set-up with the higher tech MiLocks DKK-02SN Indoor Electronic Touchpad Keyless Entry Door Lock. There’s really probably too many for me to mention in this low-down, but here are some for you to think on whilst making your decision:
- You’re getting a set of keys, too. I think one of the major concerns will always been “what if the battery runs out?” and that’s a fair comment. But with this lock you haven’t got to worry. Your new lock will come with keys so even if you get home and feel like you’re locked out, you refer to the old-school style until you’re able to replace your AA batteries.
- There’s no fancy batteries needed here, just your plain old AA’s. This is a strangely satisfying thing to say to people, but it’s also really refreshing to buy something such as this and know that – even though the batteries come separately – you probably have this type just lying around the house. You don’t need to order a special type, no need to panic, just pick up a pack of common batteries and go.
- You have the ability to delete and reset passcodes. This is another industry standard, but it means you know full well that as soon as you give someone the access to your lock, you’re still in full control of the accessibility through the simple reset buttons on the lock.
- An auto-lock system that you can turn on or off. If you’re like me, you’ll need something behind you just to ensure you’re locking the door when entering the house. A nice helping hand of assurance helping you stay that little bit safer. Yet, if you ever want to have this feature turned off then you can. What this then offers is the ability to keep a door open behind you, for guests or the like.
- A new, fresh approach. What’s great about this lock is that there’s no need to be fumbling around with multiple keys in your pocket or your bag – just store the code, use the auto-lock system and away you go: simple. A great way to simplify your life and your clutter.
What’s not so great?
With positives, also come negatives. Unfortunately it’s just the way the world works! See below for a few things for you to keep your eyes on:
- There have been some complaints of numbers wearing out of the buttons. Even if you use this product every day, you will still find that annoying if it indeed happens. Not only because it could cause confusion, but also because if you’re planning on having this on the front of your home, or somewhere obviously on display it will look shoddy and unprofessional.
- The battery use on the product is fairly fast. I really suppose this point depends on how often you use the lock and how often you use the different features on it. It’s something to be aware of if you’re part of a large family who are using the lock multiple times in one day.
Summary MiLocks DKK-02SN Indoor Electronic Touchpad Keyless Entry Door Lock
Product Name: MiLocks DKK-02SN Indoor Electronic Touchpad Keyless Entry Door Lock
Please see the above product specification
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
Overall Rating by Author - 8.5/10
So, I’ve given you the best bits and some smaller negatives, but on the whole you’re going to be buying a fairly solid product. There’s no perfect lock but it all just depends on allowing us to do your homework for you and knowing where you’re going to be using the lock and what you’re going to be using it for. The MiLocks DKK-02SN Indoor Electronic Touchpad Keyless Entry Door Lock has a really nice, standard-looking design which is always a good sign. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind the auto-lock system allows, too. I would argue that this lock is purpose built for the family home, so if you’re looking for an industrial, all-action lock then maybe look elsewhere. As a lock to your home or outdoors, though, you won’t go far wrong here.