The All-Weather Double Keypad Mechanical Keyless Door Lock is easy to use and has fantastic wear and tear in all weather conditions – as its name suggests. The design, with a really lovely chrome, sleek finish is not the eyesore that some locks can become. Here we’ve got one of the more fool-proof, floorless pieces of lightweight security kits on the market.
Simple but hugely effective, this design by Code-a-Key is perfect for office spaces and utility rooms in the house. Super tough and with a two-sided keypad face for opening on both sides, you’ll find this lock both easy to use and trustworthy to boot. Adding to the fact that it is an extremely secure product, the All-Weather Double Keypad Mechanical Keyless Door Lock really eliminates any risk of a ‘reach through’ unlock if someone was to attempt to break through a window and try to unlock the door. Its complicated code locking system stops anything like this from happening.
Upon slamming behind you, you will always know this door is shut because you will hear it and you will know if you try and get in again. A safe bet when you’re looking for a lock.
|ITEM WEIGHT||2.8 pounds|
|PRODUCT DIMENSIONS||5.5 x 1.5 x 1 inches|
|ITEM MODEL NUMBER||1104|
|ITEM PACKAGE QUANTITY||1|
|SPECIAL FEATURES||Keyless Features, Waterproof, Lockable|
Now you’ve taken a look at the specs and become familiar with the type of lock it is, why not take a look at our top features on the All-Weather Double Keypad Mechanical Keyless Door Lock:
- First things first: this lock does the job. Super strong and really durable in all conditions, this would be a perfect lock for your industrial unit, garage or utility room. When installed, there’s very little way you’re getting into the room in question without the code to the lock. A hugely safe, secure option.
- No batteries needed. Unlike most other locks on the market, you can just install the product and go. Because there’s nothing to be powered here, you don’t need to waste your time buying batteries and worrying about whether you’re going to need to change the batteries soon after. It’s a nice, little point that can make all of the difference.
- Quick and easy installation. There’s nothing more you can say about that, but then again there’s also nothing better than knowing you can buy, install and start using your lock in super quick time. It just leaves you with time to figure out what color you’re going to get.
- Perfect for office use and multiple use industrial units. I’ve worked somewhere before where we used this lock in our server room that needed to be highly secure but also have the ability to give a few people the key code to get in. Once you give the code out, you can leave the person to their own devices, but at the same time it’s really hard for anyone to forge and impossible for anyone to get in the room without the code. Maximum security.
What’s Not So Great?
As easy to tell the strong points as it is to look at the picture of it, this lock really does what it says on the tin. What about how it falls behind its competitors? Let me just give you a few notes:
- Because the door slams shut behind you, it can often fall disjointed and loose from the screws in the device. Especially if the door is heavy-duty itself, leaving it to close alone can cause for damage over a long period of time. Yes, this lock is heavy-duty, but it is advisable to close it yourself behind you.
- This lock really isn’t for your front door. I suppose it’s worth knowing what you’re going to be using it for, yet you’re looking in the wrong place if you’re looking for front-of-house security. The handle is small and the lock doesn’t look particularly homely itself, it’s best to save this piece for some of the lesser seen areas of the house.
Summary Of All-Weather Double Keypad Mechanical Keyless Door Lock by Code-a-Key
Product Name: All-Weather Double Keypad Mechanical Keyless Door Lock by Code-a-Key
Product Description: Please see the above product specification
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
- Overall Rating by Author - 7.0/107.0/10
As mentioned above, this All-Weather Double Keypad Mechanical Keyless Door Lock lock is great if you know what you have in mind for it. The design clearly hasn’t been drawn up as your beautiful, smart house front door handle, but then that’s just not the market Code-a-Key are operating in.
If you have a business - especially storage, for example - this lock is great. It allows you to be able to change the pass code easily, so if you have multiple people using the same area one after another you can make sure their items are safe and secure. I would advise this to you for these reasons, but maybe not if you’re looking to show off a new front door.
The easy ability to change the key-code is also great feature, if you’re changing staff or personnel who have the authority to enter said room, all you need do it choose a new code and communicate it to other users - there’s no need to change locks at fear of a security breach through copied keys. Although it offers no fancy technology, you know exactly what you’re getting from Code-a-Key.